Thursday, December 29, 2005

REason I'm staying single...Pt 2

awww....what a pretty groom


Tuuli & Moh Cheng





My parents has been waiting years for this cup of tea!!


Finally got to settle down to write about my sister’s wedding…… Spend the whole of tuesday sleeping & walking around the house like a zombie...my sister’s wedding has really exhausted the entire family!!

I dun think I want to coordinate anymore weddings...unless it’s Moh Cheng’s wedding. That...I’ll be glad to do it becoz finally someone wants her!! hahahahaha

Well the morning session went smoothly. The torture part was really funny. The “Ji Muis” got Matti to sing a song in cantonese which he did pretty well cause Moh Yeen has been training him to speak cantonese. We were hoping Matti’s parents won’t get a culture shock (with all the noise my relatives were making!) Glad to see them really enjoying themselves...Moh Cheng was trying her best to translate what the “Tai kum cheh” was saying during the entire tea ceremony!

The dinner part also went quite well accept for a few hitches here and there. Eveyone was praising me, telling me that I did a good job coordinating the wedding becoz everything went very smoothly. Well first of all I have to give a lot of credit to the events coordinator of Renaissance Hotel, Jessica. She makes my job so much easier becoz everything in the ballroom was set up perfectly and accordingly to what my sister asked for. She was very good and efficient…she didn’t have to stay the whole nite but she did just to make sure everything is ok. I’m definitely going to recommend this hotel to anyone who’s getting married. Plus the food is not too bad (my uncle supplies veggies to the hotel so the chef wouldn’t dare give us lousy food!! ) Of course most of the relatives we talk to will ask me & MC the same question…”when is our turn?” One of my mom’s fren asked me how old I was and I told her jokingly that I’m 18 and then she said in a very serious tone “oh my son is 20 years old and he’s 6 feet tall and weighs 200lbs. I think both of you will be right for each other” My cousin sister and MC who was standing beside me burst out laughing.

Of course no wedding is without any hitches. Matti’s mom wasn’t feeling well and just minutes b4 the bridal march in…we’ve decided that she really need to go to the hospital...her stomach and legs were bloated (of course she still insist that she wants to stay for the dinner until my sister persuaded her to go to the hospital...some old ppl can be very stubborn!), she couldn’t even stand up and her hands were shaking. Jessisca was very helpful...she arranged for a van from the hotel to fetch them to the hospital. Our relatives & frens were wondering what happened to Matti’s parents. Of course he explained a bit of what happened during the speech. I must admit that I was only a bit worried about her. I was more worried about if my sister and Matti would be able to enjoy their wedding and if everything was on schedule! ;P It’s a pity the parents dun get to attend the dinner…they were very excited about it and couldn’t wait to get to KL just to attend this dinner. Anyway please pray for Anita (Matti’s mom) & the dad, Juhani. The doctors found out that she has pneumonia and denggi!!(most probably got it when she was at Langkawi b4 coming over to KL). She’s still in the ICU and not out of danger yet…the doctors need to observe her at least for another week. We are very worried that she might not be able to make it. MY & Matti are flying back to Finland this saturday…they have to start work on monday…Tuuli is going back on Friday and Juhani have to extend his stay here for at least a week. I have to reassure MY not to worry too much becoz we are here and we’ll take care of them. sigh... what a week...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home