Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Little Taugeh

Last Saturday while some BLCians was spending some time with around 40 kids from Rumah Hope at Taman Tun Park.......I too was spending my time with ...hmmm close to 30 kids/toddlers/babies & double that amount of parents/families/maids at my sister's childcare center. She was celebrating her center's 5th Anniversary. As usual I was the photographer there. The party started with a kid's talentine show.....one of the kid sang the famous song by Teresa Teng "Yue liang tai biau wo de sing" (er....moon taking my heart?!?) another one did storytelling and one did a piano recital. Considering that most of them are around 4-5 years old they are really good. My favourite one is the kid doing the song "We are the Champions"....He was jumping and punching his fist in the air. The crowd was cheering & clapping for him.

After that we had makan time. We had curry chicken, nasi briyani, pastas, nuggets, yam cake, chicken meatloaf, kuihs, KFC, and other stuff. My sister had a cooking contest so most of the food were cook by the parents and all of us get to vote for 2 of our favourite dish (in a way MC dun need to pay to cater food...brilliant idea eh?). In my opinion the people who won the top 3 prizes....their food was ok… (one of them didn't even cook hers...she bought the yam cake from megamall). I voted for this cream caramel...it was so good.... I had to stop myself and my cousin from eating all of it. Too bad it didn't win. Oh well I guess my cousin & I were the only ones with good taste!! My sister should have appointed me as food judge! Hahahahahhaahahh

Lil Beansprouts..that’s the name of MC’s center. Seems like yesterday when she first started the center. It’s amazing how she can cope with the kids 5 days a week for 5 years. I remember I was helping her for 6 months few years ago and within the second week I felt sick with sore throat, flu and cough. hehe Funny though, I’ve never really asked her why she named her center “Lil Beansprouts” Occasionally I’ll give her a prank call….”Hello…taugeh center?….ah can I order a plate of salted fish taugeh ah?” hahahaha of course I’ll alwiz get a scolding from her but it’s worth it. Hahahaha I’m glad she decided to go on her own after working a couple of years for another childcare center. At least it’s something that she’s passion about. I think by opening this center she is certainly a blessing to a lot of kids. Though it’s a very stressful job but I think when you see the smile and laughter coming from the kids you’ll know that it’s all worth it. So MC……Happy 5th Anniversary! May we be able to celebrate many more anniversaries and hopefully the next round it’ll be in a nice big colourful house eh? ;P


*Photos coming later…MC….. hurry up go and develop the photos!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home