Monday, February 07, 2005

Being a BIG kid

Had a great time yesterday nite playing with 3 of my nieces. I thot I can have a very relax nite and was waiting for a program on Discovery channel to come on. Then my aunty called and said she's coming over. I didn't know that she was bringing her granddaughters along until I heard them coming in. I haven seen them for a long time as 2 of them are from singapore and the other one...well I seldom visit the parents so I only see her once a while. Barely 5 mins into the programme they arrived. I was deciding if I should go downstairs and play with them or continue watching the show as I've been waiting to watch it for the whole week. For those of you who knows me...nothing can ever budge me from the TV if I really, really want to watch a show. Even if I have frens who comes back from overseas and wants to meet up with me I'll tell them "Sorry....I want to catch this show..I'll catch you the next time you come back!" ;P Anyway after another 10 mins I switch off the TV and decided to go down and play with them. While my parents were chatting with my cousin and my aunty, we played "Junior Pictionary".
I was partner with the youngest one, Stephanie who is 9 years old & the other team is the 2 older ones, Geraldine(Stephanie's sister),12 and Yee Man,11 years old. When you play pictionary with young kids remember this....there are no rules at all. Well... the other team won and the 2 older kids were jumping around and celebrating. ;P After pictionary we played charades and another action game which I have no idea what it's called(it makes a good ice-breaker game). We were jumping, rolling, and running around. All 4 of us were just laughing the whole time and I kept asking them what are they laughing about but they just continue laughing. I've never had so much fun playing with them since I last saw them a few years ago. I've alwiz have a fondness for my nieces especially for Yee Man....... I still remembered when she was just a few months old and I was cradleling her in my arms and now she's oledi 11 years old!!

After waving goodbye to them wondering if I'll see them again next year I walked back into the house feeling like a kid again. No regrets about missing the TV show. *GRIN*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home