Friday, January 28, 2005

Red Hill


Bathing time at Bukit Merah, originally uploaded by airfoong.

This blog is specially written for James & Chin Hor ;P

"The Hills are alive with the sound of music......"
ok ok.... so the Bukit Merah Laketown Resort wasn't really on a hill(though we have to drive thru a hill to get to it) ...at least it really has a lake there. Last weekend five of us...... me, Yuen Theng, Joanne, Paul & Raymond took a road trip to Bukit Merah which was located about 45mins drive up north from Taiping. All of us were really excited about this trip since we first talked about it last year. It was to be our first and last trip as a LifeGroup/cellgroup together but sadly, James & Chin Hor couldn't make it. Why did we choose Bukit Merah? Well we had Yuen Theng & Raymond to thank for since they won a couple of free vouchers for a 3 days 2 nights stay in an apartment and it comes with free buffet breakfast.

So on friday morning we packed our stuff an headed up north on the NKVE. Haha poor Raymond's car trunk was full of stuff.... Food, our own luggage, food, my electrical pot, paul's fishing gears and more food. Of course with any outstation trip we had to stop somewhere to makan. Our FIRST stop for breakfast was Bidor which Yuen Theng claims that the "Boiled duck noodles" was good. Bump into Kelvin there (his group was heading to Cameron Highlands). The noodles was ok(joanne said the one she had in Penang taste better) but we got a shock as we paid the bill..... RM5 per bowl and we had to pay a 5% government tax! This is in a kopitiam in a small town. All of us were shaking our heads. For sure we won't be going back to that kopitiam ever again. Our SECOND stop(for lunch) was at Taiping, famous for the wantan noodles and popiah. Sadly the famous wantan noodles stall only open at 2pm and the popiah stalls only opens at 1pm. Anyway Paul had a good fried kuay teow and I had wantan noodles from another stall which cost me only RM2 (potion quite small).

Finally after all the eating we reached our destination.......The resort was located just next to the highway. The penthouse was quite spacious, 2 storey with 4 bedrooms. Well there were 5 of us and 4 bedrooms so I had one of the master bedroom all to myself *GRIN*

Well we didn't do much there becoz we refuse to pay to go into the water park, the Eco-park or the Orang Utan Island. And the fishing park wasn't open becoz..can u believe it..it has no fish in it (*sob* no ikan bakar for us). We basically just eat, sleep, watch VCD and swim. Oh yeah we did a bit of kayaking, fishing(by the "longkang" in front of the apartment) and played pool/snooker and Daytona.

I guess it's really a holiday and for some of us we get to catch up on our sleep. For me even though we didn't do much I really enjoyed the time spend and fellowship with them. Joanne said that now only she knows how much Yuen Theng can eat! hehe and I also discovered that I have a "gift" for floating on the water which the rest of them tried but couldn't...ok ok maybe it's becoz I have a lot more fat then them but hey at least I know I won't have any problem floating if I ever got into any trouble at sea!!

will post up more photos once I get them from Paul or Raymond....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raymond: Moh Fong....although you can float in the pool with your given gift....I don't think i can't do it...I'll show you when I can make it....haha

9:16 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home