Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Weekend in Grace

Phew! What a weekend. On saturday BLC had a fundraising event for the tsunami victims at Sentul @ the Grace Methodist Church's basketball courts. Had to wake up early at 7am becoz I'm tumpanging Chin Hor's car there and he had to get there early to make sure everything is in place. Though it was drizzling quite a bit for quite a long time....I think most of us had fun there...... the food was good...... the music was good......plenty of good and cheap stuff to buy especially from Siew Poh's stall (courtesy of Memory Lane). I didn't get anything from that stall...wanted to get one of those musical thingy where you wind the key and the thing on top will go round and round but Hooi Ann said she wanted it (only cost RM5 and we were fighting for it...you can never bargain with a mother of 2!!) and it's the only one there so I was feeling a bit sad and refuse to buy anything else from there! haha Sorry Siew Poh..... but I did get quite a good bargain for 5 brown glasses from the next stall for Rm3. It was those classic looking glasses from the 50s or 60s and you can't get them anywhere else (it even has the words "Plum Oil Factory" printed on it) so I was pretty happy about it. Anyway according to Sivin the event raised closed to RM13,000!! Wow..... I was pretty impress becoz half way thru I asked Jo how much we've raised so far and she told me around RM2,000 which I think was quite good for an event like this. I think the rain is really God's grace raining down on us that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

it's already more than 13,000 phew! I'm surprised AND thankful!

5:32 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home