Tuesday, January 18, 2005

The Government not enuff $$$ ah?

Woke up early today at 6:30am to get to Putrajaya to change my old IC to the new MyKad together with Jo, Liz & Aileen. Upon reaching Putrajaya it feels like we were in a totally different country. There were wide roads...pretty streets......plenty of bridges.....extremely ugly lampposts (which look like cobras!).... and of course all the modern designed government buildings. As usual there weren't any signs stating which building is for which department so we had to stop the car and asked for directions. And as usual their main entrance is not facing the front but at the side towards the back. Surprisingly...we were expecting a crowd but there weren't anyone there..... not even one person lining up. WOW Happily we took our numbers and filled up our forms. And then while processing my stuff the lady told me that I had to pay a fine of RM90 becoz I didn't changed my old IC when I reached 18 years old. According to her you'll have time to changed your IC between 18 - 25 years old...if not you'll have to pay a fine! ALAMAK! I was furious. Ironically I changed my IC when I was 17 as it was stolen then. But I still have to pay the stupid fine! Rm90 might not be much but I could have gone for a Shangri-La buffet with that amount! It could have paid for my Bukit Merah trip! Heck...it could have paid for some medical supplies for the Tsunami victims! I was complaining to the lady that I didn't know about this stupid law but she said it has been there all the time. I was thinking to myself, is it my ignorance that I dunno about this law or the stupid, lazy, corrupted government didn't do a good job informing us about it? Why do I have to pay for something that is not my fault? Even my frens didn't know about it. Even my sisters didn't know about it. Reluctantly I had to borrow the $$ from Liz to pay the fine (she was joking that I'm paying for one of the ugly lamppost outside!). Thank goodness the staff there were frenly and helpful. They told me that luckily I changed my IC b4 I turn 30 years old if not I'll have to pay a higher fine. That was the only bad hiccup but other than that the whole process took only 10 minutes (we were expecting to spend 2 hours there). Before I left I asked the lady if I need to change my IC again after a certain age, she said no need, it will last me for the rest of my life but with the government being so fickle minded...I have a feeling that I might need to come back someday to change to another new IC.....

For those poor ignorance souls out there.... GO CHANGE YOUR IC ASAP! You do not want to contribute to any of those ugly lampost!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home