Friday, February 11, 2005

Do I have to go thru this every year?

Read Messy Christian's blog about CNY & her relatives. hehe Hilarious becoz it's the same thing over at my place....THE LOUD PART. Well thank goodness most of my cousins are around my size so I dun get the "oh ur've put on weight" part and since I'm the youngest and all my sisters are not married yet so I dun get the "are you going out with anyone?" part too. Well.... maybe a bit but not to the point that I'll need to go out and hire one! ;P!

But the LOUD part...oh boy...... Basically all of them who comes to my house only have one agenda....to gamble. The men(my uncles & my dad) will alwiz play mahjong, the women and the rest of the younger generation will either play Blackjack or Ginrummy or sing Karaoke. Can you imagine.... the noise of mahjong tiles plus 20 over adults and kids talking AND shouting AND singing AND running around. I'm amazed that my neighbours haven complain yet. But I do enjoy seeing them having so much fun and having so much food. I'm just relieve that it's only once a year.

The part I dun like about CNY?........ My dad's teasing about me about Jesus. It's not only that. Whatever chance he has he'll embarass me or my third sister in front of the relatives. Every year. Without fail. Dunno why. He doesn't do that to both my eldest sisters. Only my third sister & I. Every year I would just feel angry and my face will go all red. He'll alwiz say things like "wah your Jesus says you should not waste food" or "haha call your Jesus to bless you" in a mockery way. It sounds worst in Cantonese. This year when he started it I just shrugged it off and asked him if he has anything new to say. haha He just kept quite. Well it didn't stop him becoz he did it again when we had dinner yesterday with all the relatives. At least I dun feel so piss off anymore. I really want to ask him what's the purpose of all this mockery.....is it to stop me from going to church?.....is it to stop me from being a christian?...is he trying to make me cry? is he trying to make me angry?if Yes then why? I guess I'll never know becoz I dun dare ask him these questions as he may get a second heart attack. The mouth is his. He can say what he likes. I've come to realise the only thing I can change is the way I react to it. Or not react to it. Like the chinese saying... "in one ear, out the other ear".

1 Comments:

Blogger jedibaba said...

Don't know why your dad bugs you about Jesus. Sorry you have to go through all this pain. I am hoping that he is bugging you about Jesus 'cos Jesus bugs him in some way. And maybe one day he will get so bugged he might just say "yes" to Him.

10:08 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home