Friday, June 19, 2009

Want to know more about Japan?

yup.... yesterday & today was lectures on getting to know Japan.
Started with learning about Japanese people yesterday. Learned something about Omote & Ura. Interesting concept....omote is front and ura is back.....something like that. Japanese are bought up to show more omote then ura. It's their way of life. When I heard that I'm glad I wasn't born a japanese...Can you imagine me having to behave prim & proper all the time?! hahahaha

After lunch we learned about japanese economy...wah thot I was going to fall asleep during the lecture....me..learning economics...yeah right...and the professor was using all the economics jargon. But then it got interesting when he started talking a bit of history....one of my favourite subject. He was very frenly too...Has been to Malaysia to teach at University Malaya as a guest lecturer so he was chatting with me ...told me he likes to go Klang and eat Bak Kut Teh.

Today in the morning we learned about Japan education system. And after lunch, Japanese politics, which I was sharing about our monarchy system...said that mostly we think the Royals are wasting our tax payers money....thank goodness the lecturer did not ask me about the political parties in Malaysia....dun think got enuff time to talk about the BN cronies.

Finally the last lecture was on Japanese history. And the lecturer started on the atomic bombing on Hiroshima. And guess what? He says the bombing is not what stop the WW2, it contributed to it but the russians were also instrumental in making the japanese surrender plus many other factors. My personal opinion.... no matter what the americans says it does not justify them using the bomb on the civilians. Nuclear energy is a terrible thing and to think our government is going to built a nuclear plant just to supply electricity? What were they thinking? oh right.... they dun think at all.....
of course after a long day of lectures I bought (cheh....like a local) the boys out to jalan jalan. Funny that the locals always look at me and expect me to interprete becoz they thot I might be a Japanese but then I look back at them with a blank face and shake my head. hahahaha

Shop selling fruits & veggies... fruits are expensive......

1 Comments:

Blogger Sigrun said...

So you got the Japanese look? LOL
I'd like to look Japanesy too ;)

4:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home