Monday, July 13, 2009

Studio Ghibli & Sushi

Finally the day came.... I'm going to Ghibli Museum! Met Akiko at Kichijoji and we took a train to Mitaka and took a bus to the Museum.
This bus is specially for the Museum.
Recognise the figure?

Notice to tell people that today's tickets is all sold out!

Unfortunately we are not allowed to take any photos indoor. Inside you can see the replica of the rooms where Miyazaki and his team work on the animation movies..... and they also tells a bit about how animation first started. Quite cool. All the explanation were in Japanese. Thank goodness Akiko came with me so she could explain to me. Of course there's also a souvenir shop! I wanted to buy everything there..... Didn't buy much only 3000 yen worth of stuff! hahaha Hey it's probably my first & last time there. Ohhh and there's the new movie oledi shown in Japan "Ponyo".... based on the Little Mermaid story.... can't wait to watch it in Malaysia.
Outdoor we can snap as many photos as we like.....
Know where this character is from? ....Castle in the Sky.....

Part of the museum building
We spend about 2 hours at the Museum. Then we had teatime...Ramen....took picture but I think it's too sinful to show you all! hahaha After that we went over to Akiko's workplace which is near Mitaka Sta. She teaches english here part time.
We then went back to Kichijoji Station. Quite happening here. Lots of shops. I think I would rather come here to shop then Shinjuku. Only about 20mins from TIC and ticket cost is only 170yen. We shop for a while and then Akiko took me to a Sushi Bar where her fren works. The following photos are dedicated to MASAKI.......
Appetiser.....squid with seaweed & sea urchin, some shellfish, mini taro, prawn tempura, egg roll.
Tuna with sea urchin......oishi!
That's Akiko's fren, the chef. Funny guy!
This is one of the best sushi I've had..... the tuna just melts in your mouth....oishi
Great food, great fren!
Akiko's boyfren. Soooo thin.... told her must feed him more food! hahaha
More sushi....Noticed the sushi in japan is less rice more fish....in Malaysia....more rice and small fish! haha
This is something interesting. Chives with a bit of shaved benito and a squeeze of lime. oh.....oishi.
Cucumber with miso. Oishi! One more thing which I did not take photo(too busy eating).... He cut some parts of a huge shell fish (forgot the name) to let me try. wow...the sweetest tasting shellfish I ever had! Wah One of the best dinner I've ever had in Japan. Thanks Akiko!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home