Thursday, October 04, 2007

Sad day for UV and Dignity & Services

Datuk Sam(L) with Johari (My boss and UV President)

Yesterday we received news that Datuk Dr. Sam passed away. He is a paediatrician & was one of the Director of D&S. I don't really know him very well. Only met him once during UV's anniversary dinner last year. Only thing I said to him was "Excuse me Datuk Sam.....can you please get ready, it's your turn next to go on stage". And another time I spoke to him was on the phone about 3 months ago. He bought some tickets for UV members to go for a charity dinner to launch the "Pet positive" program for the disabled and I had to arrange with him on how to collect his tickets. We had a nice short conversation. He asked me how am I and how's UV and we talk a bit about the tickets arrangements. I can really feel the warm and friendliness of his voice over the phone. It's like talking to my grandfather. After putting down the phone I felt like wow... this is like one of the nicest phone conversation I've ever had. I can't wait to see him in person and have a nice chat with him. Sigh...........sad to say I won't have the chance to do that now. He was hospitalize 2 weeks ago and nobody is allowed to call or visit him becoz he needs to rest. So his death yesterday was quite a shocking news to us. I know some of the older UV members are very fond of him so they must have felt very very sad. I have a feeling of regret now of not attending the charity dinner becoz I know I'm going to be very tired after taking UV members for a picnic and I'm not an animal lover. If I would have gone at least I would have met Datuk Sam, talk to him and get to know him a bit better. sigh.....

Goodbye Datuk Sam. You have touched the lives of many persons with learning disabilities. You have certainly touch my heart with the short & sweet phone conversation we had. I will forever remember that

hmmm... now I think I'll call up some of my friends whom I have not meet up for a long time for a drink. You'll never know what will happen tomorrow...

2 Comments:

Blogger Sivin Kit said...

Sam was a wonderful man, his wife Dulcie was my lecturer in STM. We will miss him, we also appreciate what God has done through him!

9:14 AM

 
Blogger adelym said...

I believed he passed away one day after my grandpa. My grandpa went to be with the Lord on 3rd Oct 07. I did see something of the Obituary in Star.

12:01 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home