Monday, July 20, 2009

I Luv Yokohama!

Yesterday went to Yokohama with Latiffah. Took an express train there from Shinjuku, only half an hour (thanks to Akiko who told me which line to take) if not if will take at least 1 hour to reach there. This place has one of the largest Chinatown in the world so naturally being a chinese I had to visit it! Beautiful city. Reminded me a bit of Perth (seaside) and also Paris (old european style buildings and some french sidewalk cafes). There is a JICA Yokohama here...whish I was staying here! hahaha

Nice sculpture!
Went up to the 69th Floor of this building, Landmark Tower. It has 72 floors. The view is fantastic but had to pay 1000 yen to go up, a bit to expensive in my opinion.View of the habour




This is Osanbashi Pier! Highly recommend....if you are in Yokohama... do not miss it. The style and design of this pier is beautiful. Never seen anything like it before and very, very wheelchair frenly.

We walked a lot from Yokohama Station to Landmark Tower to the Pier and finally we reached Chinatown! It's a lot like any other chinatowns but with a LOT more people! Chinese food here is super expensive. I had a bowl of "tan tan mien" and it cost me 800 yen! But at least here I can order in mandarin! haha
Finally we went to Yamashita Park which is opposite Chinatown. Nice park but nothing much to see so off we went. Wanted to visit the Ramen Museum but too tired and had to take another train there. Said bye bye to Yokohama and took the train back to Tokyo Central. I like this city a lot and it's a place that I definitely would luv to come back to again if I ever had a chance to visit Japan again. I had a great time here especially with Latiffah. Thanks Latiffah for accompanying me to Yokohama.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home