Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Learning to be Humble

Few days ago I was waiting for the bus to get home at Brickfields. Now, I was in a "bitchy" mood that day and then I saw a lady with very, very red lipstick and I was thinking to myself "Woman...your lipstick is waaaaay too red for you" Then within the very next few minutes I was talking to her. Dun get me wrong. I didn't go up to her and tell her that her lipstick is too red for her. I overheard her asking a lady if the Taman Desa bus will be coming soon and that lady doesn't know. As I was waiting for the same bus and I know that it'll be coming soon, I told her so. And then we started chatting....the usual conversation about buses not coming on time and yaddi yadda.... she turned out to be a nice & very frenly lady.

It's funny. God certainly has a sense of humour. I think He's teaching me something here. Instead of "Do not judge a book by it's cover" the lesson here is " Do not judge a person by the colour of their lipstick"!! Her name is Laura. So, "Laura, please forgive me. Who am I to judge what colour of lipstick you should put on. You can put on whatever colour, green, blue, purple, whatever as long as you feel comfortable with it. Dun care about what other people think about you. I do not have the right to make a judgement on your character just loosely based on the colour of your lipstick. I am truly ashamed of myself. I do not practise what I preach. I'm sorry". This is indeed a very humbling experience.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home