Sunday, July 05, 2009

Job Report & eating yakitori

On friday, all of us has to present our Job Report, the one we have to submit when we applied for this course. As each of us only have 10 mins (10mins to speak and 10 mins for interpretation) Keiko was worried we dun have enough time to finish. Most of us has to cut out at least half of our slides! hahahaha
The presentation is open for the public to come and hear us report about our workplace and some of the situation in our country. About 20 people came, most of them are active advocates for the disabled in Japan.
Zhou (or Joe....nickname for him!) went first. He talked about his organization, China Disabled People's Federation and about his jobscope there.
Next is Indra. He's working in the National Federation of the Disabled-Nepal.
My turn, of course I talked about UV, employment project and a bit about Vocational Rehabilitation in Malaysia. Someone asked me about the Disability Act and what are impressed me most about the Japan welfare ssytem. I shared that I'm impressed that in Japan services and taking care of the people of very good and all the people are very well trained. Next to me is my interpreter...sorry can't remember her name. She and Matsuura take turns to interprete for us. Thank you ladies...... stressful for them.....
After me, we had a short break. One of the guy who has hearing impairment and is an expert in Economics was talking to me about the employment project. He was very impressed that only in 6 years time we could increase our profit 6 times from RM20,000 to RM122,000! Ask me what is the secret behind it and I told him that I can't tell him since it's a secret! hahaha

After the break it was Kiran's turn. He was good... finish in exactly 20 mins.. the rest of us was a bit over...
Last & finally...Nerand's turn, talking about the Suva special school in Fiji where he's working as the acting assisstant head teacher.

After the presentation I had to rush off to change and meet Masaki at Shinjuku. She came back to Japan for the weekend to attend her fren's wedding so I asked her to bring some stuff for me from Malaysia.
This is a small world... I was a bit lost and waiting for Masaki and I saw someone coming towards me in a motorize wheelchair and I thot she looks familiar. That's Seinep from Kyrgyzstan. Met her in Malaysia 2 years ago when we attended the DET (Disability Equality Training) at Sentul. And she was also looking for her guide.....and when I met her guide (another Akiko), turns out she was Keiko's colleague. Thank goodness I bump into them. I asked Akiko if she could call Masaki and tell here where I was. And Masaki finally found me. Seinep says it's God's intervention! Amen! Nice to see her again.....

So I ask Masaki to bring to eat yakitori...... should see her face when she looks at the menu.... boy she really miss Japanese food.... wants to order everything! I told her I only want to try original yakitori.. the rest she can order what she likes...
Tofu Salad...oiiiishiiiii
This is my favourite... takowasa... raw octupus, okra, wasabi, a bit of orange zest. Mix them together and it was goooooddd..... strange mix but it taste good...
Deep fried fish....Masaki says she miss eating fish so she ordered this.... oiiishi
Our place nearly could not fit all our food! hahaha
hmmm..... the main thing we came for... Yakitori...we ordered a mix plate...chicken wings, mince chicken, giblet, liver, heart, skin and meat. Almost everything except for the rear end and the head!!
After dinner we went to the Tokyo Metropolitan Tower where we could go up to the 45th Floor. Nice night lights of Tokyo. When we were at the basement we saw homeless people setting up thier "bed" there. Yes... there are homeless people in Japan. More especially now with the economic downturn.
Masaki being a tourist in her own country! hahaha
Thanks Masaki for a very oiishi dinner and for bringing me my stuff from Malaysia. Domo arigato gosaimasu! Too bad she could only come back for the weekend.....

1 Comments:

Blogger donlow29 said...

So nice of Masaki to bring your stuff from M'sia, I wish I could have followed :)

8:09 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home