Thursday, June 16, 2005

Relevation - The past, the present or the future?

For the past few weeks I've been bingeing in front of the TV on saturdays watching this japanese anime called "Inuyasha" (it has over 150 episodes) which is about a japanese schoolgirl who can time travel back to the feudal age where she found out she's a reincarnation of a priestess and is a protector of this piece of jewellery which can give anyone a lot power and there were plenty of monsters going after it. In the show having monsters around is quite the norm for the people during the feudal ages, they are alwiz lurking around destroying villages eating and killing them but back in the modern world it's so different...there weren't any monsters lurking around the city eating people up.

So as my Lifegroup were reading thru the whole book of Revelation a few weeks ago I can't help it but have all the images of the creatures and angels and all the thunder & sky opening stuff going thru my mind in classic japanese anime style. I was wondering if these creatures really existed during that time and John is using them as images to communicate with the people. It's like reading a comic book and letting the pictures speak to you. Can you imagine if Hollywood were to do a movie based on Revelation the special effects people will have a ball of a time!! ;P I 'm glad that my LG has decided to study the book of Revelation. Is it talking about the past, the present or the future? Does it matter? Will it affect our christian life if it's talking about the future? hehe Is God having a sense of humour?..."Hey it's the last book of the Bible...maybe I'll have some fun with it and let human's imagination run wild!" hahahahaha I'm looking forward to the next few weeks as my LG will be starting discussion on this book. BRING OUT THE POPCORN & LET THE MOVIE BEGIN! ;P

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home